COUPLES THERAPY & PERSONAL psychotherapy
After nine years providing couples therapy I've shifted focus from healing mental illness (therapy) to taking action and making life changes (coaching) full time as of October 2016.
I'm no longer taking "couples therapy" clients who want to focus on mental health, substance use, trauma recovery, or domestic violence.
The truth is, I've always worked with really healthy people who got stuck in a rut, or started to disconnect with a partner, or lost themselves in a relationship (or all three).
They're doing really well in most areas of life, but the same old relationship struggles keep showing up.
Of course, I draw on my expertise by offering couples and relationship coaching (you can't un-learn a masters in Counseling Psychology).
But my current work focuses on communication skills, stuck patterns, managing difficult emotions, connecting intimately, and keeping the magic alive long-term.
I also lead retreats and workshops for couples who don't need extensive therapy- but do want to make a change.
If that's your idea of a fun time check out my coaching options or schedule a free call with me, I'd love to help you make your own powerful shift- together.
WHAT TO EXPECT NOW...
WHAT I DON'T DO
- Sit and nod - instead, we'll take action. Be forewarned: I've been described as "direct and not-coddling."
- Add shame or judgment to your experience (there's already WAY too much of that in the world)
- Get stagnant. I will check in to see if this is working- focusing and refocusing on action and change in your life
- Collude with your inner critics to let you stay small
- Treat you like you're broken (because you're not)
- Assume your experience is the same as mine or anyone else's
- Pathologize you (I don't treat mental illness, so you won't receive a diagnosis, assessment or treatment for mental health conditions or substance use)
WHAT I DO
- Use a strengths-based approach to help you grow
- Bring a decade of experience helping hundreds of incredible people deeply connect to themselves and the people they love
- Help you listen and communicate effectively, end repetitive argument cycles, and let go of baggage
- Use a sex-positive framework and vast sexuality knowledge to fan flames of passion between you
- Identify ways to manage intense emotions
- Rebuild trust and renew intimacy
- Keep momentum and hope alive - even if it's hard for you to feel hopeful
- Deeply care about your personal growth and well-being and at the same time hold you accountable to the goals you set for yourself